After installing and activating this plugin you will be able to manually update both plugins and themes simply by uploading new version zip file through WordPress Dashboard, same as if you were installing a new one. Thanks to this plugin you won’t be faced with a default WP error but instead, your old plugin will be backed up and then replaced by a new version.
Step by Step:
(Difference between plugin and themes separated by | )
- Download the latest .zip file for the plugin | theme.
- Log into your WordPress website.
- Go to “Plugins” > “Add New” | “Appearance” > “Themes”
- Click the “Upload Plugin” button | “Add New” > “Upload” – at the top of the page.
- Select the .zip file with the updated version of the plugin | theme.
- Click the “Install Now” button.